Monday, October 11, 2010

TUFF Puppy: Kitty Katswell

Well, the show I've been working on has finally aired, so I can share some of the work I've been doing more recently. I'm excited about this project because it's my first opportunity to design the main character line-up for a new show. The character of Dudley was designed by show creator Butch Hartman, but I was asked to design the balance of the lineup: Kitty Katswell, The Chief, Keswick, Snaptrap, Dudley's mom, etc. These characters were all initially designed over one weekend, although the turns, mouthcharts, and expressions were done later. Here is the first character I did for the show: Kitty Katswell.I tried to push for a mod sort of sexy/sophisticated 60's look. Her trenchcoat was later replaced with a jumpsuit, and her hair was made a little less graphic. Other than that- she remains pretty much the way you see her here.

Kitty Katswell

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

She definitely ended up with a sexy/sophisticated look. I love this character! Any chance we can see the other ones you designed?

Ernie Gilbert said...

Thanks Anonymous! I will be posting other characters soon.

Anonymous said...

What Anonymous said. She's gorgeous.

Ernie Gilbert said...

Thanks Anonymous! It's good to see that you and Anonymous can agree on something! 8^)

Anonymous said...

She is extremely attractive.

Probably worked the hardest on this one.

Anonymous said...

Nice drawing, this are hilareous, especailly the first row down to the bottem: thats the one with kitty tied up and hair really messy.

Ernie Gilbert said...

Thanks!

Squirrelly said...

Howdy hi! A bit late, but great work with all the characters, Ernie! Also from Michigan here too. I do especially like Kitty. The jumpsuit is good, though the trenchcoat looks great as well. Though I could imagine being harder to animate with all the action type stuff she does. :-) Overall, it's great to see another "funny animal" show back on the air again. I think recently shows have been too heavy on the human characters. :-) Thanks!

Ernie Gilbert said...

Thanks Squirrelly. My idea was that she would wear the trenchcoat for the non-action scenes, then lose it for the fighting, etc... bit it was not meant to be. Still- this was the original incarnation of the character (and the one I like best), so I posted it here.
Thanks for the comment!

Squirrelly said...

Welcome! And interesting. As in she'd take it off and have another outfit under it? I'm curious what it'd be if so. (But then I guess we know what curiosity can get ya'.) :-) Or that she'd have it in non-action scenes, and in scenes going to have action she'd have another from the start?
And quick reply! I don't get to my own emails that fast. :-)

Leigh said...

OMG this is a very good draw!!! I love Kitty and she is sooooo cute >3

pope_chico said...

any chance you can slip in her original design in at least one episode. Honestly, she looks great in it.

Ernie Gilbert said...

Thanks Leigh and pope_chico.
pope_chico- maybe she could appear as Kitty's sister? 8^)
I'd be happy just to see her drawn on model, with the proper proportions.

Михаил Юрьевич Нейман said...

Yep, very nice! She is so cute and sexy. But, anyway, I want her to be the main character :)

Anonymous said...

hey wy no desing a kitty brother in the T.U.F.F side?

Ernie Gilbert said...

"But, anyway, I want her to be the main character"

Me too!

"hey wy no desing a kitty brother in the T.U.F.F side?"

Sorry- I don't get to write 'em... I just draws what they tells me!
8^)

Unknown said...

She's so cute and hot!